Habits and Lifestyle
Springbok are mainly active at dawn and dusk but may feed throughout the day during cold weather, or sometimes at night when it is very hot. During summer, springbok sleep under trees or bushes in the shade, although they will bed down out in the open when temperatures are cooler. During the mating season, males tend to wander together looking for a mate, while females live in a herd with their young and just a few dominant males. When excited or frightened, a springbok performs a number of vertical stiff-legged jumps up to 2 m (6 ft 7 in) high, with the head down, hooves bunched and an arched back, called “pronking.” These leaps are supposed to distract predators like cheetahs and lions. Springbok used to form very large herds to migrate, with more than 1 million animals together. This was called a “trek” or “trekbokking”. Springbok are generally quiet animals, though they may make occasional low-pitched bellows as a greeting and high-pitched snorts when alarmed.
- Sức hút “ghê người” từ những viên đá cảnh ở Khánh Hòa
- Free Blank World Map in SVG – Resources | Simplemaps.com
- TOP 15 địa điểm du lịch Pattaya nổi tiếng nhất & giá vé 2022
- [BÙNG NỔ 30/04] Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hội An 5 Sao – Villa 02 Phòng Ngủ, Ăn 03 Bữa, Vinpearl Land & Safari – 5saotravel
- Khách sạn Vinpearl Nam Hội An – View Địa Điểm – Sen Đá Villa | Villa Hội An – Đậm chất Gia Đình